Journalist and author William Langewiesche once said, “So much of who we are is where we have been.”
As a supported* Museum Guide, you will have the opportunity to positively engage with visitors as you lead them through the wealth that museums have to offer.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Waxhaw, North Carolina
Regardless of where you live, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! From working at the reception desk to giving guided tours of the museum and representing JAARS at outreaches in the community and beyond, museum guides are able to blend their passion for the past with a heart for people.
This job might be for you if…
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You are passionate about history, missions and museums
- You are able to communicate well in English, both in written and oral form.
- You are skilled in using a computer.
- You are personable and enjoy people.
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification).
- You work well both independently and on a team.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have previous cross-cultural experience or knowledge of another language.
- You have a college degree.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.