Do you have a passion for the Food and Beverage industry? Our range of opportunities is as expansive as our resort. Our food and beverage operations include three restaurants, including an upscale steakhouse, casual dining options, and banquet facilities. Legendary Hospitality with a softer footprint: The resort recently completed a multi-million dollar revitalization that includes a full renovation of the Inn, including the addition of 22 casitas, as well as, new buildings at the Ranch. The Oasis at Death Valley is nestled in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California – just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
At the Oasis at Death Valley, we are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
Job Summary: As a Barista you will greet and offer hospitality to guests, answer their questions, take orders and accept payments, and prepare and serve food and drinks. You will also maintain a clean and well-stocked workspace and dining area.
As an employee of the Oasis at Death Valley, you receive extremely discounted housing, breakfast and lunch free, dinner is $4 in our Employee Dining Room, a generous benefits package for full time employees, and discounts at our other Xanterra parks and properties.
- Welcoming customers, informing them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments.
- Preparing foods such as sandwiches or baked goods, scooping ice cream, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers.
- Packaging food and beverages for sale.
- Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality.
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter.
- Working in as part of a fun, high-energy team.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
- Previous food preparation, cashiering, or barista experience preferred.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Must be well-groomed and have excellent personal hygiene.