Enthusiastic about crafting an extraordinary dining experience? Available for all levels of cooks, the Grand Canyon South Rim has a range of opportunities as expansive as the canyon itself. We operate a steakhouse, fine and casual dining rooms, grab-n-go options, coffee house, tavern, and employee dining room.
Whether you are an entry-level cook or an experienced culinary professional, you will play an essential role in creating memorable experiences for our guests.
Position Types: Seasonal and Year-round
Start Date: Immediate is preferred but flexible
Wages: Pay ranges from $13.25 to $17.45 depending on experience
Total Employees: 800+
Current Season: Fall brings beautiful weather making this the ideal time to explore
Total Visitors: 6 million annually
The Perks and Benefits:
- FREE employee housing through October 2021 with discounted housing available after October
- All meals provided in the Employee Dining Room through an employee meal plan
- Free wifi and computer access
- Free laundry facilities
- Free access to community rec center, fitness equipment, and sports courts
- Benefits are offered to full time year-round employees
- Employee Learning and Development Programs
- Employee discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at all Xanterra Park locations
Why The Grand Canyon South Rim?
One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the Grand Canyon is a spectacular and iconic destination. As an employee, you are invited to experience all the Grand Canyon has to offer – from incredible sunsets and sunrises to the hundreds of miles of trails great for hiking, biking, camping, and photography to mule rides, rafting, and train tours.
Join our team and find a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
Cooks should anticipate working across all stations and using all kitchen equipment. Depending on the venue, batch production, high volume ala carte, prep, pantry, and dish tasks will vary.
- Responsible for the quality, food safety/sanitation, and timeliness of dishes served.
- Ensure consistency in techniques to be used for proper food preparation, portioning and plating as outlined in recipes, product rotation and mise en place.
- Prepares a variety of food items using knives, electric mixers, ovens, fryers, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers.
Qualifications vary by position. We prefer at least one year of previous cooking experience in a high-volume ala carte or batch production setting or relevant schooling.
- Current openings include Cook I, Cook II, Cook III, Line Cook Supervisor, Line Cook I, Line Cook II, and Cook Helper
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.