Do you have a passion for the Food and Beverage industry? Our range of opportunities is as expansive as our resort. Our food and beverage operations include three restaurants, including an upscale steakhouse, casual dining options, and banquet facilities. The resort recently completed a multi-million dollar revitalization that includes a full renovation of the Inn, including the addition of 22 casitas, as well as, new buildings at the Ranch. The Oasis at Death Valley is nestled in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California – just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
At the Oasis at Death Valley, we are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
Job Description: Prepare and present food consistent with recipes and menus. Ensure proper department standards and food handling procedures are followed.
As an employee of the Oasis at Death Valley you receive extremely discounted housing, breakfast and lunch free, dinner is $4 in our Employee Dining Room, a generous benefits package for full time employees, and discounts at our other Xanterra parks and properties.
- Ensures the quality, quantity and eye-appealing presentation of all menu items.
- Properly stores and handles all food products. Promotes safe and sanitary food handling practices.
- Cleans, maintains and stores kitchen equipment according to standards.
- Maintains open and positive communication with all staff on a daily basis.
- Ensures that food is properly prepared and presented using standard products, recipes, and techniques.
- All food-in-process is properly maintained (hot food is hot, cold food is cold) and stored (covered, labeled, and dated).
- Cleans and maintains work area at all times throughout shift.
- Observes and adheres to work schedule and all company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous line or batch cooking experience.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation and kitchen equipment skills.
- Comprehending and extending/converting recipes.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information in a short period of time.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Ability to work in a hot environment for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to walk for long period of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.