*BONUS: Free employee housing through October 31st 2021*
The Front Desk Supervisor resolves guest concerns to the best of their ability calling on direct reports when necessary, in addition; assists Manager in the training of all front desk staff, and is responsible for performing all functions and responsibilities of a Guest Service Agent and Night Audit when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
· Assist Front Desk Management in the training of all front desk staff. Use GSA Training Manual and turn in all appropriate training documentation to H.R.
· All functions and responsibilities of a Guest Service Agent and Night Audit when needed.
· Assist in monitoring and evaluating performance of all Front desk Staff.
· Enforce adherence to hotel standards of appearance and conduct.
· Under direction of the Front Desk Manager assists in resolving guest conflicts.
· Resolve guest problems to the best of your ability calling on your direct reports when necessary. Never leave a guest unsatisfied.
· Assist Front Desk Management in maintaining stocks of front desk office supplies, registration cards, room keys.
· Responsible for the accurate & timely completion of all reports i.e. accident, etc.
· Knowledgeable in handling all group tours.
· Manage OTA reservations and discounts.
· Assists guest with booking tours, directions, ETC in absence of concierge.
· On occasion individuals may be asked to perform functions of a higher or lower skill level.
· In the absence of the Front Desk Management, this position will serve as a principal manager on duty and will be asked to make decisions in all things concerning the welfare and safety of the hotel, its guests, and its employees. Calling on your direct reports when necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
· One-year management or lead experience preferably in guest service setting.
· Possess sufficient experience and technical expertise in all functions of the front desk, including experience with front office software (knowledge of Opera desired).
· High level of professionalism and communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions).
· Verbal comprehension (understand oral and written communications, follow detailed direction).
· Attention to Detail skills (minimize the risk of error).
· Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills).
· Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
· Intermediate computer skills.
· Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
· Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
· Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
· Complete required training programs.
· Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
· Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, standing, walking, using eye/hand coordination, handling, wrist motion.
· Frequently walk and lift or carry up to 10 lbs.
· Occasionally sit, handle, reach outward, reach above shoulder, squat or kneel, lift/carry and push or pull up to 100lbs.
· Will be required to stand long periods of time and to occasionally walk up flights of stairs.
As a Xanterra Tusayan employee, you have a responsibility to protect the environment. While on duty, you are to comply with all environmental regulations and policies, prevent pollution of the environment, reduce waste and recycle.
A uniform suit is provided for this position; Employee provides black non-slip footwear that is sturdy, provides support for the arch of the foot with a well-defined heel.
The position shall follow the appearance standards as outlined in the Xanterra Tusayan Employee Handbook and departmental guidelines.
EEO: Xanterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.