The YMCA of the Columbia Willamette is currently looking to fill Elementary School Childcare Enrichment positions in the Portland area. The position would be at one of our hybrid programs and would run through the end of the school year. At the end of the school year employees would have the opportunity to apply to one of our many summer camp positions.
This a wonderful opportunity to gain experience in a quality Childcare program.
Our fun-filled daily schedule includes USDA approved snacks, homework help, recess time, group games, art projects, science and more!
Locations: Tigard/Tualatin and Sherwood areas.
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the core values of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
YMCA Employees enjoy a variety of quality benefits including:
- Free YMCA Family Membership
- Program Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- College Tuition Reimbursement
- Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Benefits/Discounts
- Employee Referral Awards
- Wellness Programs
- Career Training and Development
- Community Discounts
Our school based programs offer children and families affordable, quality child care by developing meaningful relationships and a constructive learning environment.
Our Y Childcare programs provide academic enrichment support, leadership building activities and group games, creative art projects, project based science and more!
All Y staff will be provided everything needed to operate a quality program including all programing curriculum, supplies, snack and ongoing training opportunities.
This a wonderful opportunity to gain experience working with Elementary age children.
YMCA Before and After School Childcare Program Goals include
- Memories: Making wonderful memories and being that caring staff person who took time to make all of our children feel special. They will never forget that kind and funny YMCA Teacher!
- Fun: The YMCA is a strong believer in the value of fun and offers a variety of opportunities for kids to just be kids.
- Values: The YMCA is a value driven organization with a mission that is defined by five key principles: Love, Respect, Honesty: Responsibility and Service.
- Safety: In YMCA daily programming, safety is the top priority. Physical safety, but also the security in knowing every child is welcomed, nurtured and accepted for who they are. Our programs have adapted to include all COVID safety protocols from the CDC and Oregon State Licensing. Our children feel they belong and this is their Y program.
- Achievement: Learning to master new skills and having a sense of accomplishment.
- Relationships: A Y program environment that fosters the development of new and possible lifelong friendships.
- Belonging: The feeling that they are welcome and are part of a larger community.
Paid Employment starts the date of Hire.
Pay rate starts at $17.00/hr.
Hours: 30-40 hours per week
Must be able to pass the Oregon Criminal Registry Background Check.
Be able to obtain First Aid/CPR and Food Handlers card within 60 days of employment.
Qualified applicants will have one year experience working with school age children (Kindergarten- Sixth Grade)
Sample employment experience would include one of the following, School Age Child Development Center, an Instructional Assistant at an Elementary School or Summer Camp Counselor, Parks and Rec and other structured Childcare programs.
30 quarter hours/20 semester hours of College credit in Child Development or the Education field would also be considered qualifications for the position.
- Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
- Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families
- Ability to communicate well with children, staff and parents.
- Sense of humor, positive attitude and fairness.
- Ability to work independent as well as create and lead work teams.
- Ability and willingness to obtain and keep current CPR/First Aid certifications.
- Are mentally, physically and emotionally capable of performing assigned duties related to child care.
- Ability to navigate swiftly and effectively in an emergency situation.
- Ability and willingness to participate in 15 hours of job related training annually.
- Ability to sit on floor or child sized chair, stand for 1 hour periods, occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to crouch for 15 minutes.
- Ability to multi task.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer