The Mechanical Tech will be a part time position working with the engineering / testing team. This person is responsible for mechanical fixturing, limited electrical wiring and building test stands as required by engineering for ongoing testing. The position will be a hands-on resource to facilitate testing. Emphasis will be placed on experience in the ability to handle mechanical tools to build and maintain testing hardware.
- Build miscellaneous fixtures for testing.
- Assemble tables and other lab equipment into the testing facility.
- Work with engineers and possibly third-party vendors to provide walls and enclosures for noise reduction and thermal uniformity in select areas of the building.
- Minor design work to facilitate new fixtures
- Perform test equipment maintenance.
- Apply safe working practices in an environment with high voltage, chemicals and electrochemical test systems
- Experience with mechanical and electrical tools such as:
- Drill press
- Band saw
- Hand saw
- Tap and die
- Crimping tools
- Multimeter meter
- Power tools
- Soldering iron
- Good working understanding of, and hands-on experience with, typical assembly materials.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Limited design, build and troubleshoot test setups (mechanical, electrical, fluid, thermal, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to function as a team player in a cross-functional environment
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Planning and organizing
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking.
- Close visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color.
- May require working in lab, office, manufacturing and outdoor environments.
ZincFive is committed to employing a diverse workforce. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status. We maintain a safe workplace and perform pre-employment testing. ZincFive is a participant in E-Verify and receives employment authorization of new hires through Social Security and the Department of Homeland Security databases.