The American Finance Association (AFA) is the premier academic organization devoted to the study and promotion of knowledge about financial economics.
Purpose of the AFA:
- to provide for the mutual association of persons with an interest in finance
- to improve public understanding of financial problems
- to provide for the exchange of financial ideas through the distribution of a periodical and other media
- to encourage the study of finance in colleges and universities
- to conduct such other activities as may be appropriate for a non-profit, professional society in the field of finance.